Availability: This product is no longer in stock
Sometimes slower is better - especially when it comes to the rate of protein digestion. While rapid protein absorption is desirable immediately before or after exercise, delayed release is probably more beneficial throughout the remainder of the day.
Warning: Last items in stock!
Casein proteins are pH sensitive and gel in the acidic environment of the stomach. As a result, it can take more than twice as long for caseins to be broken down into their amino acid subcomponents than whey and other proteins. Because of their unique time-released qualities, caseins are aptly described as anti-catabolic or muscle-protecting proteins.
Beyond the basics:
- 75% Protein by Weight (24g of Protein per 32g Serving Size)
- 24 Grams of Slow-Digesting Micellar Casein per Serving
- Over 5 Grams of BCAAs (Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine) per Serving
- Nearly 5 Grams of Glutamine & Glutamic Acid in Every Scoop
- Very Low Levels of Fat, Sugar & Carbohydrates
- Ideal for Use Between Meals and Before Bed
Add one heaped scoop of Gold Standard 100% Casein with 300 to 350 ml of water or prefered beverage.
Use ON 100% Casein Protein first thing in the morning, immediately before bed, in place of small meals, and/or any other time when delayed protein absorption is desired.